Skin tightening is defined as a surgical or non-surgical process of making the skin firm and smooth to lessen its sagging and the appearance of wrinkles. Along with aging, your skin will start to lose its suppleness and will begin to sag. You have nothing to worry though because there are ways to remedy your sagging skin. You can bring back the firmness of your skin through a natural face facelift using effective home remedies, through diet and exercise and by using a firming cream. These 3 ways are safer than having a cosmetic face lift or Botox.
Home Remedies for Skin Tightening
There are skin tightening natural remedies to tighten your loose and sagging skin. Using these home skin remedies regularly will tighten your skin naturally.
- Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera extracts will reduce the size of your skin pores and will subsequently tighten your skin to keep it from sagging. It will also reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Lemon Juice. You can rub lemon juice and leave it on your face overnight. The astringent properties of lemon juice will close your pores and make your face smooth. Lemon juice will tighten your skin by getting rid of dead skin cells and free radicals.
- Rose Water. Rose water is an astringent that tightens your skin tissues. It is the best home remedy to treat wrinkles. Apply rose water every night and your capillaries below the surface of your skin will tighten.
- Olive Oil. Massage olive oil gently on your skin and it will bring back the smoothness and tightness of your skin.
- Sugar Cane and Turmeric Juices. Create a face mask out of sugarcane juice and turmeric powder. Apply the face mask on your sagging skin and you will notice it will tighten over time.
Natural Ways to Skin Tightening
Achieving a tighter skin around the face entails some hard work and commitment. Here is a skin tightening regimen you can work on.
- Drink 8 glasses of cold water a day and wash your face with ice water. Adding moisture will help tighten your skin.
- Facial exercises can tighten your skin. Smiling often can tighten your facial skin and make your cheeks stronger. There are also exercises to tighten skin around your jaw and neck.
- Take your daily dose of Vitamin E and eat more fruits and vegetables.
Using a Firming Cream for Skin Tightening
Most of the powerful ingredients of skin firming creams are what your skin needs to renew its collagen and elastin production. This means your skin will once again be flexible and will no longer sag, droop or wrinkle. Creams for skin tightening should contain pure aloe, high amounts of hyaluronic acid, collagen builders, extreme and powerful peptides and omega 3.